Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2014

What's Next?

Five months into become, with Be finished and on the last week of Story 101, I'm wondering now what? I've gained some incredible tools this year. I'm owning the truth of my creative, artist heart, exploring in both words and photographs what is means to be vibrant and alive. There are projects, yes projects, plural in the works. Other than the times I've been ill, I've said yes to exercise 5-6 days a week, every week this year. I'm learning to honour my body and care for it. I have not begun to finish unpacking everything that I've learned so far this year. I can only imagine what the next 7 months are going to look like.

Heck I'm even asking "what's next" from a positive place, rather than dreading the next thing, certain it too will make life even more difficult. I know that I thrive on structure as long as I have freedom to pick and choose within that structure. The budget is not going to support more e-Courses for now, despite there being a couple that are tempting.

There isn't a road map for this part of the journey. I want one. I struggle to trust that I'm not wasting my time when I don't have that structure in place showing me where I'm headed. Yet, everything so far this year has happened without my planning it all out. Never in a million years did I dream that I'd be in the place that I am now. It's not been my plans that have gotten me here, it's been my yes. My yes to the tugging of my heart. My yes to making myself a priority in my life. I've jumped in brave and scared. It has been amazing.

Maybe I don't need to know what's next. What I need to do is to continue the road that I started this year, to say yes to the things that bring life to me, whatever shape or form they show up in. Here's to being brave and stepping forward without someone else's framework to hold me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment